Samaritans vision is that fewer people die by suicide.
Bradford Samaritans work to achieve this vision by making it our mission to alleviate emotional distress and reduce the incidence of suicidal feelings and suicidal behaviour.
Bradford Samaritans do this by:
* Being available 24 hours a day to promote emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of emotional distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide.
* Reaching out to high risk groups and communities to reduce the risk of suicide.
* Working in partnership with other organisations, agencies and experts to achieve our vision.
* Influencing public policy and raising awareness of the challenges of reducing suicide.
Bradford Samaritans are committed to the following values:
* Listening, because exploring feelings alleviates distress and helps people to reach a better understanding of their situation and the options open to them.
* Confidentiality, because if people feel safe, they are more likely to be open about their feelings.
* People making their own decisions wherever possible, because we believe that people have the right to find their own solution and telling people what to do takes responsibility away from them.
* Being non-judgemental, because we want people to be able to talk to us without fear of prejudice or rejection.
* Human contact, because giving people time, undivided attention and empathy meets a fundamental emotional need and reduces distress and despair.
Main Purpose Of Role
Position And Support In Organisation
Note: The Branch Treasurer does not make the decision about where money is spent. The Director and Branch Leadership Team authorises this.
Qualities And Experience
Appointment And Timescales
Location, Travel And Expenses
Recruitment And Selection Process
Minimum commitment level: Once a week
Start Date: 05-07-2019
End Date: 01-10-2020