To start a new society to bring students together to take part in a hobby or celebrate a culture, form a student association for your course or bring back a dormant group - this is the first step!
How to start a new Activity Group
- Check your idea for a group is now and does not duplicate and current exciting activity group or sports club at UBU. You can also bring back a dormant group, you can find out more info here: https://www.bradfordunisu.co.uk/ubu/activities/societies/dormant_societies
- Decide if you want to set up a full Activity Group or a Microsociety. It would depend on what you want to do and the difference is explained here: https://www.bradfordunisu.co.uk/ubu/activities/societies/microsocieties
- Fill in the application form below is where you list the interim execs, explain your aims, outline your plans and detail any financial expense required to start up. Please give as much detail as possible on the form.
- This application form goes to the student Activities Committee for discussion. They will vote to approve or reject your application. Sometimes they will ask for more information form you before making their decision. You can contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If approved, you will start a 6 week trial where you need to meet the requirements in the UBU by law:
- Gain the minimum number of paid members
- Confirm the exec team by holding an election
- Show activity of some kind e.g. hold an event
- At the end of the trial period, the Activities Committee will review your group and decide if you've passed, need an extension or be dissolved (shut down). If your group passes, it becomes a registered Activity Group with UBU.
Applications submitted now will be considered for the 2020/21 academic year.