Student Safe Spot Scheme
The Student Safe Spot scheme was established in 2009 to aid students in seeking refuge from approved public bodies and businesses when experiencing a distressing situation. This campaign is run by the UBU in partnership with City Centre Beat and Bradford Police.
Previous UBU Campaigns and Activities supported by the Safe Spot Scheme included:
- Wellbeing Week – Information stand for students and staff
- Zero Tolerance to Harassment Day of Action – Reclaim the Streets, an annual campaign that holds a thunderclap event and March from Richmond to the City Centre with a focus on the liberation of women
- SWAG Week – Sexual, Wellbeing and Guidance Week circulated Safe Spot maps
- West Yorkshire Police Day of Action – Community day of action with university student union representatives highlighting safety and wellbeing concerns
- Safe Spot of the Year Awards – Awards for partners with exceptional engagement and delivery of campaign
- UBU App – Incident reporting section
To report incidences, highlight queries, suggest ideas and be involved please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the UBU events office, Student Union, Student Central.
Click here to download the PDF version.